- New projects would add more tolls to I-66
- New 12th Street Extension in Pentagon City May Open By End of Year
- Shoulder lane to open, relieve Beltway congestion
- New phase of 3rd street tunnel project brings lane closures
- Major work begins on escalators at Metro’s Van Ness Stop
- Major Work for Capital crossing project is set to begin on I-395
- D.C. plans early reopening of 16th Street Bridge
- Maryland Beltway project at halfway point
At a tense D.C. meeting over a proposed bike lane last month, one cycling advocate seemingly tried to add legitimacy to her argument by declaring that she had lived in the city for eight years.
After nearly a decade of planning, a new VRE station in Spotsylvania County is scheduled to open Monday morning with a train departing for Washington at 4:57 a.m. Six more trains were slated to follow.
Many travelers thought the light traffic and uncongested transit during the visit by Pope Francis in September was a minor miracle. Now, the staff of the region’s Transportation Planning Board has measured it.
With Metro facing tougher scrutiny than ever, the federal government has officially begun overseeing safety regulations across the rail system.
The region’s Transportation Planning Board voted Wednesday to include the Virginia HOT lanes plan for I-66 in its long-range transportation plan after a debate almost as complicated as the HOT lanes concept itself.