- New 95 Express Lanes Will Open Sunday, Are Toll-Free For Two Weeks
- Lane closures begin for D.C.'s Third Street Tunnel Project
- Prince William Parkway expansion project nearing completion
- Final section of ICC to Laurel, new I-95 interchange to open this weekend
- 95 Express Lanes Signage to begin Unveiling in Coming Weeks
- The Klingle wars are over: Trail to replace stretch of Klingle Road
- DDOT readies replacement of 16th Street bridge, delays likely
- Metro warns of major weekend Red Line station closures in 2016
As expected, carpools and vanpools have flocked to the Interstate 95 express lanes, which opened on Dec. 14. “We saw a high percentage of HOV users right off the bat,” said Mike McGurk, spokesman for Transurban, the company that operates the electronically tolled lanes, which…
A breakdown in radio communications and problems with ventilation in the subway tunnel and train involved in last week’s fatal Metro incident aggravated a crisis in which scores of passengers were stuck in smoke-filled rail cars for more than 30 minutes, members of Congress said…
Pedestrian fatalities are on the rise locally and nationally. The latest numbers from police agencies in Fairfax, Arlington, Loudoun, Montgomery and Prince George’s counties, as well as Alexandria and D.C., suggest someone is struck and killed once every week in the region.
Virginia transportation officials have pondered many ways to improve traffic flow on Interstate 66, but a push to charge solo drivers to use the roadway inside the Beltway may be their boldest gambit yet.
On the north side of the Potomac River, Congress is mired in a debate about how the nation should build a transportation system for the 21st century. On the south side, Virginia has set up a lab more than 40 miles long to test one…